Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides:
This collagen peptides powder is sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine to ensure a high quality and sustainable source of this powerful ingredient.
Collagen is found in all of our connective tissues, tendons, ligaments and bones with its purpose being to provide these body parts with their strength, structure and elasticity. As we get older, our bodies become less efficient at producing collagen, which is why we recommend introducing ingestible collagen supplements to your diet.
Benefits of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Look and feel your best with our hydrolyzed collagen powder, available in 5 oz. and capsules.
- Bioavailable: Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.**
- Beneficial: Supports healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**
- Easy To Use: Soluble in hot or cold liquids, including coffee and smoothies
- Dietary Compliant: Whole30® Approved and Paleo-Friendly
- Expertly Sourced: Grass Fed and Pasture Raised
Original Collagen Peptides:
- Bovine hide collagen peptides
- Container Size 567g – contains approx 28 servings
- Container Size 284g – contains approx 14 servings
Role of Collagen:
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, making up about 30% of the entire protein content of the body and
about 70% of the protein content of skin. Collagen is produced within the body and after about the age of 30, the body starts
to deplete collagen at a rate of approximately 1.5% every year. Also, exposure to sunlight causes both damage and loss of
Collagen plays a vital role in giving the skin its strength, firmness, fullness, smoothness and elasticity. The natural loss of
collagen that occurs with aging and sun exposure is largely responsible for skin aging and wrinkles. A major scientific study has shown that taking a collagen supplement helps to improve collagen production and strengthen the skin’s dermis (the
second layer of skin where the collagen is found). The study has also shown that taking a collagen supplement helps the skin to retain moisture and look fuller.
Collagen is also one of the major building blocks of bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Hydrolysed collagen is more easily absorbed by the body than Standard Collagen.