Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Peptides:
This Marine Collagen is made from the scales of fresh, non-GMO, wild-caught white fish off the coast of Alaska. It’s highly bioavailable, digestible and easily dissolves in hot and cold water.
Collagen is the glue that holds everything together. As we age, production declines.
- Beneficial: Supports healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**
- Bioavailable: Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits
- Easy To Use: Soluble in hot and cold liquids, including coffee, smoothies and stews
Marine Collagen Peptides:
- Marine collagen peptides (from fish)
- Container Size 221g – contains approx 18 servings
- Product manufactured in a facility that processes milk, fish & tree nuts.
- Collagen Peptides per serving 12g
- Protein per serving 11g
Role of Collagen:
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, making up about 30% of the entire protein content of the body and
about 70% of the protein content of skin. Collagen is produced within the body and after about the age of 30, the body starts
to deplete collagen at a rate of approximately 1.5% every year. Also, exposure to sunlight causes both damage and loss of
Collagen plays a vital role in giving the skin its strength, firmness, fullness, smoothness and elasticity. The natural loss of
collagen that occurs with aging and sun exposure is largely responsible for skin aging and wrinkles. A major scientific study has shown that taking a collagen supplement helps to improve collagen production and strengthen the skin’s dermis (the
second layer of skin where the collagen is found). The study has also shown that taking a collagen supplement helps the skin to retain moisture and look fuller.
Collagen is also one of the major building blocks of bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments. Hydrolysed collagen is more easily absorbed by the body than Standard Collagen.